Elderese Part IV: The Birthday Surprise

Me: Hey. It's your brother's birthday.
The Elder: Oh, Happy Birthday. (followed by the one-armed hug)

Awwww, how sweet!

----------------------------------
The Teacher went to visit The Elder today as a part of ABA at his VBS.

Me: Did you see your teacher today at VBS?
The Elder: Yes.
Me: What did she say?
The Elder: She said Hi.

Duh.

----------------------------------
I took The Younger to the Free Family Movie at the Regal. It was Happy Feet. I've yet to see it all the way through so I was excited about it (I still haven't seen it all the way through...that's a big drawback about potty training). It was really really nice to have him all to myself. It has been a long time. After the movie, I stopped by Party City because I wanted to get him an Echo Mic since he likes to sing so much. And I figured I could get him a balloon too. Well we looked around and got him a Dora plate (better than getting the whole kitchen!) and then got his brother the Diego plate.

Then I saw this glorious Red and Yellow tag that called out to me, "Come to me...Come and receive these items a FIFTY PERCENT OFF....You cannot resist the Mango (and Red) tag." So of course I was drawn to that aisle. Well The Younger got so excited when we spotted the perfect gift, and when I saw how cheap they were after the discount, I had to get it. The Younger didn't even know what it was but he agreed to it anyway (so no balloon, but I think it was a great compromise...especially since I didn't tell him I was going to get him a balloon). So once The AP had put The Younger down for his nap and I checked to make sure he was snoring (the signal that we can talk at normal to above volume levels without disturbing his slumber), the two of us plus The Elder snuck around the room with him laying in the bed, and us crawling over him, and the stapler going off.....and created this for him to wake up to...


He woke up near the end but was extremely cranky and had his back to the wall so even if he could see through the screaming and tears, I'm not sure he saw the Bikini Bottom transformation...

The AP took him to Toys R Us to let him pick out his present and while they were gone The Elder help me do the rest with the clean up and furniture. Once everything was cleaned up and presentable, I went to get my camera to take some pictures. When I came back, The Elder says to me:

The Elder: Mommy, what happened to the sky?
Me: The sky? what do you mean sky?
The Elder: The sky. Up there. The sky that is up there.
Me: That's not sky, hunny. That's the ocean. Remember we are underwater.
The Elder: (nonchalantly, to a subtle tune of "you idiot") No we are not. We are in a house. Remember?

Of course...what was I thinking? Not literal enough evidently..

Well here is the picture of when The Younger came home and we had the Grand Reveal:

Here is the Final Product:



And believe it or not...THIS is the birthday boy...


Could he BE any cuter? (or look more like his brother?)

Check out the entire birthday photo package:


3 Responses to "Elderese Part IV: The Birthday Surprise"

PLANET3RRY (visit their site)

Happy Birthday Danger Boy!

tulipmom (visit their site)

Happy 3rd birthday to the Younger! And no, I don't think he could be any cuter! Love the new room.

Susan (visit their site)

Definitely couldn't be any cuter!!