Success Sunday: An Anniversary

Success Sunday Banner

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained."
--Marie Curie


One year ago today, we got the official diagnosis of ASD for The Elder. As we drove home, I was experiencing a mixture of relief and shock. Both emotions came as a result of his misdiagnosis from a previous psychologist that we saw during the interim of waiting to "get in" to see Dr. A. Up until the point that the previous psych(o) told us that he did not have ASD, I was not yet convinced that that was indeed what The Elder had. But at the sound of her opinion, I was just as shocked at my shock and gut reaction that she was wrong. For 6 months we had been told that ASD was the root of our issues. For 2 of those months I was in major denial but put in a request to see Dr. A ONLY so that he could rule it out and we could find out what was the real answer. I am so glad I didn't listen to our OT who told us to just cancel our appointment with him since we already got a diagnosis. I didn't mostly because I'm stubborn and was not going to cancel after it had been so long that we were on the waiting list (4 months). June 29, 2007, was a turning point in my life. In the last year, I have gone from a confused, insecure, depressed mother, to a happy, confident mentor and guide for both of my children (all three?). I still surprise myself every once in a while when I do something smart. I know what "mommy instinct" is now and recognize it for what it is. It was the gift that I didn't think I had, but had all along. Kinda like my Ruby Slippers.

I admit that one year ago, I thought my life had been flipped upside down. But in reality, it had been turned right side up and we all have been happier, better people because of it.

Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!


3 Responses to "Success Sunday: An Anniversary"

Niksmom (visit their site)

What a lovely and insightful post, Jen. Isn't it funny how we find our gifts more through "adversity" than most anything else?

I know our experience with Nik has made both me and Niksdad aware of strengths we never dreamed we had within us.

~Miss Nelson (visit their site)

Great post. I can not speak as a parent, but I am glad that you recognize the strength within yourself.
Blessings to you!

FIFI (visit their site)

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,批發,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,肉毒桿菌,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞,小產,雞精,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射,清潔公司,居家清潔,牙周病,牙齒矯正,植牙