Success Sunday

Success Sunday Banner

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."
--G.B. Shaw, Mrs. Warren's Profession, 1893


This month I'm going to focus on Perseverance for my quotes (even if they are a day late...I didn't give up!). June is the last month of our year and I'm going to need a lot of stamina to run the race to the finish. Perseverance is something I'll need to remind myself of every week!

Find out How to Post your own Success Sunday!



3 Responses to "Success Sunday"

WherestheBox (visit their site)

This is really good! I didn't come up with one this week.

Marla (visit their site)

True and yet for some circumstances easier said than done. I look at some people in our area and wonder. Circumstances of poverty can really keep people down.

Jen P (visit their site)

I think for all circumstances it can be hard. The rich folks are not necessarily as fulfilled as they may appear. True, in the economy today, these circumstances really suck, but getting out of poverty may not be the circumstance that is the better choice. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not. It is kinda like having a special needs child versus a typical child. I often look at the things The Younger does and if I hadn't had The Elder, I might have totally looked over it and take it for granted instead of celebrating that he is pretend playing at 2, potty trained (almost) before 3, and having tantrums about things that I cannot reason with him about...ok THAT is something that I cherish about The Elder. It's really how it is handled. Like the parents who do something awful with their children and blame the autism vs us who cherish it, learn from it, and become better people because of it, even though it is something that we will deal with for the rest of our lives. That might be a better analogy. Wow, thanks for making me think!! Maybe I should have made that a separate post!