fell off the OTHER side of the earth

We are running out of sides of this grand planet to hide...

Yes we are all still trying to get rid of some bugs. I still have a sore throat. The Elder had a single bout of the big D yesterday so I kept him home just in case but he was fine today. We went to SC with a pretty good prognosis, but returned to TN to flurries! I told The Elder, quick come see the snow before it's gone! He dilly dallied like I was lying to him and with great shock and awe, exclaimed, "Yooooooouuurrrrr Right! It IS snowing." Clapped his hands together with brief excitement and then returned to the computer to "unpause" the Thomas video he was watching on YouTube.com.

So much has happened that I want to blog on that I don't know where to start.

I need to journal about

  • "giving The Skipperdoodle away"
  • "moving the computer furniture by myself"
  • "I can be your friend"
  • "asking permission to eat gluten and be glutton"
  • Valentine's Day and the case of the crabby patty
  • The big house that's far far away
  • Food...it's all in the presentation...
  • The AP has left the building
  • There's no school on President's Day
  • The TEIS meet
  • The furniture escapades
  • It's all in the BAG!
  • The Pit Stop
  • The Need for Routine (way overdue)
I'm sure there is more that I'm overlooking but at least I have a list to refer to when I get around to it all. For now, I will check an easy one off my list.

"It's all in the BAG!"
Being a mom, a wife, a business woman, and girlie girl...we have a lot of stuff and we need the perfect catchall bag to carry all that stuff we need to carrying around all the time. Since finding The Book, I have learned to analyze what works for me and what doesn't. My friend, Gwen at Gwendolyn's Gifts is making me a custom tote bag. Here was my request:
I had a thought ab what I need in a purse and when I came home tonight our au pair had something like it. I need something boxy shaped but not hard and not too big. Tough on the outside to suffer some abuse and a light colored lining so I can find things. Long enough straps the I can lift it onto my shoulders without getting my elbow hung. Shaped straps so I don't have to "find" them. Cute but professional. Classic so I can get a lot of use for a long time.

Whew...is tht a little high maintenance?
Gwen was extremely professional and invited me to her home to see some samples. I brought 2 bags that I love and told her what I didn't like about them. She also asked questions that I didn't even think about coming prepared for, like, what color do I want it to be? Seriously, I hadn't even thought of that! But also, what kind of pockets do I want on the inside? (Just one big one on the side that I can dump things into but find easily) and do I want it open or closed (we decided on a single magnetic closure for ease). She took like 4 measurements and this is what she created for me!! What is great is that the rose can be removed and worn as a pin too (another one of her brilliant ideas)! Pretty AND functional! My kinda bag! I haven't seen it in person yet but plan to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand it. Anyhoo, check out her stuff. She is really good!

6 Responses to "fell off the OTHER side of the earth"

tulipmom (visit their site)

Welcome back!
I LOVE the bag she made for you!

Sustenance Scout (visit their site)

Oh my, talk about cute gifts! I know you're swamped, Jen, so don't worry about even posting on the Beauty Within award I just passed on to you (though the award photo is pretty darn nifty). Just know you're appreciated for all you do! Glad you're starting to feel better, K.

Gwendolyn's Gifts (visit their site)

Thanks for the great comments about my stuff! :) I can't wait for you to see your bag in person!

Marla (visit their site)

Very cute bag. I love your custom purse. Sorry to hear your throat is still hurting. Seems like lots of families are sick right now.

Jen P (visit their site)

TM, I bet you do! It is very girlie!!

Karen, thanks again for my award. Gush...

Gwen, you deliver!!

Marla, they actually canceled school in our county for the next 2 days because of sickies.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Oh Jen... I'll have to come back and catch up on all your news... but the bag is gorgeous!!!