Going solo

I had an appt with the Psychologist today, just me without Terry. We had previously emailed her what we had sent to the first "psychologist" minus the questionnaires and the final report. If you recall, the online chick said he met NONE of the criteria for Aspergers. Ahem...

The current psychologist begins the session with, "These reek of Aspergers."
"Really? Because we didn't even give you everything that we gave to the other lady."

She was very professional and didn't say anything negative about the person, but just repeated, "These reek of Aspergers."

I'm slowly realizing how huge my situation is and how I truly am going to have to think completely differently. And then there is Ryan, Master NT, for whom I'll have to still remember the way I naturally parent. I can hardly keep their names straight, much less how to effectively parent which child in which manner!

But you know what, every time I think that I'm just going to sink into a hole and hang out there for a little while (or a long while, just depending...), I get a ray of sunshine (you know who you guys are - and I THANK YOU) as if to tell me, "It will be OK." "You are not alone." "People do care about your sanity."

I KNOW something good will come out of this. I have faith in that - "the Bible tells me so."
I guess I just have to wait and see how it fits into the master plan. Patience...ahh....a virtue....fine.

4 Responses to "Going solo"

Unknown (visit their site)

Ref: Labels... My name is Hans?
Would you like a cookie with the chocolate stripend? Ya?

You are an awesome parent.

Anonymous (visit their site)

It certainly will [make good things come] I can certainly relate to how difficult it is to 'parent' different children in different ways. I'm always blundering around myself.
BEst wishes

Jen P (visit their site)

Thanks Maddy for always being so cheery and uplifting.

Casdok (visit their site)

No you are not alone, and there are plently of rays of sunshine around!