Videos speak louder than books

I spent some time going over this site from Autism Vox last night and was absolutely amazed.

When you get a chance I recommend that you watch a few, if not all of them (some clips are repeated under different categories to point out different things). I especially appreciate how they have videos of neurotypical children alongside those that have "Red Flags" for ASD. Very very interesting to see other children act and behave like Eric - both the tantrums and the moments that you just want to squeeze him with pride or just laugh your head off because he can appear so "professional" and say the funniest things. I could feel what those parents in the videos must have been feeling. I also felt a bit of relief and a sense of community.

I also saw some things in the videos that Ryan does, however, I am not at all worried that Ryan has ASD. I believe he is a typical 2 year old, tantrums and all, and other things like his hand-flapping could very well have been picked up from his brother. He is one that I can be easily convinced that he will "grow out of it."

Oh, and the cutest thing Ryan did yesterday when he woke up from his nap. He came into the playroom and sat down beside me on the floor, leaning against the couch.
"Did you have a good nap?"
He nods yes. After the just-wakey grumpies subsided he looks at me with the most precious smile with his head cocked to one side and reaches out and touches my face. Then he says to me,
"You're so cute" and then gives me a kiss on the lips.

2 Responses to "Videos speak louder than books"

Casdok (visit their site)

How cute!
I love Auitsm Vox!

Bonnie (visit their site)

What a perfect mommy gift.