I think this might count

I have fallen in love with an RSS Reader. I was getting a little frustrated with Google Reader because it had a delay time that varied from day to day. I would get blog notifications sometimes even a day later! Grrrr.

Anyhoo, after a quick Google Search for "rss reader" (after all, Google can't be everything to everybody) I happened to come across this.

I have spent the last hour or so designing my "Klipfolio" and I have to say it is pretty darn cool (a strange sort of nerdy Me Time, but I think the Super Doc would be proud!). The Hub was in the other room and heard my computer ding. I hollar back "You just posted." "How'd you get that that fast?" He is also not so happy with Google Reader. Klipfolio actually checks my Gmail faster than Gmail does.

So now I can keep up with all my cyber friends in a timely fashion. Ain't technology great?

But wait...there's more...

You can also download other klips like weather, news, world clock, bookmarks, stocks watcher, and other "gadget" types. No limit (other than screen space I suppose....and I guess there is a finite number of klips to download but you get the gist).

But wait...there's more...

It is completely customizable to your preference of a sidebar, toolbar at the top or bottom, a floating dashboard. Auto-hide, Always on Top. It is pretty darn cool. Check out this video tour. I think you'll be way impressed.

But wait...there's more...

It's FREE!

If you are new to the RSS technology, hop aboard, because it truly is a time saver! And a butt saver too when you haven't called your brother in forever, BUT you know all about his life because you can keep up with his blog the minute he posts something! =o)

7 Responses to "I think this might count"

Unknown (visit their site)

Free???

I was thinking that it would sell for
Not $100
Not $50

but 2 easy payments of $9.99!

tulipmom (visit their site)

You guys are a riot!

The delay with Google Reader has been annoying me too. Maybe I'll switch all my stuff to RSS over Thanksgiving when I'm sitting around NOT eating all that turkey (thanks to my poultry aversion).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen P (visit their site)

It was really easy to switch. In Reader go to Manage Subscriptions and it gives you the list of all the RSS links that you can copy and paste into Klipfolio. What took so long was looking at all the additional klips out there. AND making sure my toolbar was the right shade of pink...

Wassup with poultry and pregnancy? When I was hosting a fetus, I couldn't even say the word chicken without needing to lay down.

inthenet (visit their site)

uh... hosting a fetus? Not really sure I ever thought of it like some sort of parasitic thing... lol.
neway. I;ll have to look into klipfolio, but I have to be honest. I use reader, cuz I can tag yours and T's blogs and organize them by tag. or category. I don't need updates as soon as they come in. Mostly cuz I'm at work.

However, as an alternative. The sage plugin for firefox works well with a greasemonkey script can collapse and expand posts like reader. forecastfox for my weather is always at the top corner of my browser. So what I guess I'm saying is that I can use firefox plugins for a lot of the functionality that you described.... Oh, and you can configure drupal to grab your RSS feeds at customizable intervals. (My intranet page at home does this for all my family-related blogs)

Jen P (visit their site)

David-
Yeah...they are like Vista - they suck up all your resources! Hahaha

T used Sage and liked it. I created a separate "Feed Reader" for each category. For example, I have one klip that are Family Blogs, another klip call Friends Blogs, and a third for ASD Blogs. I like being able to see them all at a glance and then only have to hover to expand. In Reader I had to scroll and I think in Sage you do too. Check it out. If you have something better let me know.

inthenet (visit their site)

lol... y'know... this is the third or fourth time I read this post, and I just NOW got the last paragraph!!!!

At least we'll all see each other for xmas!

Anyway, back on topic. Reader has a mode where you just click on the title and it expands.... I use it all the time. There is a greasemonkey script that enables that same functionality for sage as well.
In reader, I created folders, where I put all family related blogs, a folder for tech blogs, a folder for leisure, and one that I titled expendable. It contains stuff I like to read, but don't always have time to read, and I can just mark them as read if I fall behind.... plus there are tons of keyboard shortcuts for reader.
I downloaded klipfolio... I'm trying it now. Let you know how it turns out.

Bonnie (visit their site)

If only I knew what an RSS reader was! I'm just happy I can blog and leave comments...