It's not too late!

Well October ran away from us before we realized that we never carved the pumpkins.

Eric was feeling bad on Wednesday - he got off the bus a little cranky and talking but not making too much sense. While we were out running errands and when we got home, he just wasn't himself. I told him that he didn't have to go trick or treating (When Ryan says it it sounds like Chucke Cheesing) but he wanted to go and frankly I wanted him to go too. Last year was the first year we went door to door (just me and Eric) and it was rainy so we didn't get far in teh neighborhood. So I was really looking forward to having both of them this year and the weather was perfect! I'm pretty cold natured so I brought a nice warm ski coat to stay toasty. Eric started to perk up when he started receiving candy. He would rush to ring the door bell. (Ryan was pretty darn demanding..."I want snack" was his "trick or treat") We started to go down the hill in our neighborhood which meant we had to climb a few driveways to get to the goods, but half way down the hill Eric started feeling bad again. His legs hurt, his back hurt, his head hurt, so I picked him up and carried him home - with multiple stops because 1) he's heavy 2) it was uphill all the way home 2) I had on a toasty ski coat. Cris and Ryan went to some other houses on the way. Luckily Eric had on his Thomas Light-up shoes that went off everytime his foot hit my leg (knee - sniff - he's getting so big) so we didn't need a flashlight or glow stick to be seen in the dark. We got back and he fell asleep on the couch in the playroom watching Cars. Of course Terry and I stayed up late to finish watching the movie even though we've seen it a thousand times. I digress.

I took Eric's temperature the next morning and it was low grade at 100.4 so we kept him home from school. Again he wasn't himself all day and his temp stayed pretty consistent even with the Tylenol. I asked him if he wanted to carve the pumpkin and he did. We had watched a Max and Ruby episode where Max got to design the jack-o-lantern (Ryan calls it a "jackson" - a "skeerwy jackson" with his "scary face") so I let Eric do that. He wanted 4, no 5 eyes that were triangles, a square nose (how many? "um, just one") and a scary mouth and drew zig zags on his paper (how many mouth? "just still one.") But he did not participate once he saw the stringy guts and seeds.

This morning I took his temp and it was down to 99.3 and we was acting himself. Terry left for work late because I asked him to make muffins for our mom's group bible study and he got to hear funny Eric conversations that just aren't the same retold.

When I got back around noon, his temp had gone back up to 100.5 under the arm and his face was red and he was refusing food. He left the table and I assumed that he had gone to the playroom to watch Spongebob or something. But when I came into the living room he was lying on the couch. I asked him if he wanted to lay down on my bed and he did so I tucked him in and he asked for more blankets. He slept for about 3 and a half hours (he never naps). But now he's in my lap as I type this and he feels cooler and he's bugging me about wanting to see Thomas Toys on the computer! So Perhaps we've gotten over the hump!

2 Responses to "It's not too late!"

Bonnie (visit their site)

I hope he feels better soon. My friend's son Daniel loves Thomas too. (He has the same costume.) I'm glad you got to go to a few doors...

Watch out they get big fast. I don't know if we can get away w/ trick or treating next year. Sniff, sniff

Casdok (visit their site)

Yes i hope he feels better soon.
We are still watching Thomas, even after 19 years!!