100 - a "Nice" Round Post

I had been having a ho hum kind of day. I wanted to be productive but just couldn't manage (still looking for that executive functioning somewhere...it's bound to turn up!). We made a list of everything we were suppose to do and everywhere we were suppose to go and somehow only did about 10% of it. The Younger didn't even get a nap today. We did get some things bought and prepared for upcoming food art projects. We are planning to make some GFCF Blue's Clues Banana Pops and a GFCF Gingerbread Train. Other than that, I won some Freecell games and watched UT lose the SEC championship game (they do get an A for effort, but an F for losing).

The Hub made a comment that I was almost to my 100th post and frankly I had no clue, other than I can be rather verbose, that I was that far along in my blog. Nor have I a clue how HE could tell what number I was on because I had a time trying to verify that this was indeed my 100th post. Once it was confirmed, I really wanted to make it special (how weird is that?) and I guess had some sort of block, because even though I have tons of hilarious topics and conversations that have been tossed around between the adults and children in the household today, nothing really stood out as "100th post" worthy. I asked The Hub, "What do you do for a 100th post?" His Aspergian reply was "You say 'hey, this is my 100th post' and then
people will comment saying 'congrats on your 100th post.'"

So I must send a huge THANK YOU to Elissa from Managing Autism for not only giving me the content for my 100th post, but for awarding me with the Nice Matters Award. It made my day in more ways than one! You deserve this one yourself! (Would that count as one of the 7? I say YES! You're #1!)

Here is what the Nice Matters Award is all about: “This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass on to seven others whom you feel are deserving of this award.”

So here's the hard part, not because I don't know nice people, but because I don't know how to pick just 7 because you are all nice and inspire good feelings and inspiration. Here goes...

I know, Maddy at Whitterer on Autism, you've been awarded over and over again and but I must must must send it back. You were the very very first non-family member or current family friend to stumble upon my cyber-doorstep and comment on my blog and it was at a time in my journey that I really needed to hear from someone who could give me perspective like you only can!!

Bonnie at Coffee Autism Faith Explored - you have been a faithful reader and commenter from the beginning and have helped me more than you might think. I can relate to you a lot, so I truly love reading your blog.

Gwen at Gwendolyn's Gifts
- Success Sunday Diva...I think God put us together in such a timely manner. (I'm sorry that my executive dysfunction prevented me from coming over today, I'd like to come one morning this week if you still have your items up.) You inspire good feelings, not just in your attitude, but also through your art.

Tulip Mom - Your baby girl is beautiful and hopefully she will let you eat poultry soon! Not only do I love reading your blog, I love seeing how many supporters you have by the sheer number of comments you receive...that says a lot about you.

Karen at Beyond Understanding - I love the topics of your posts and the cause behind your blog. You amaze me, especially when you do more than one post in a day, thanks for all of your sharing. An all around neat person to associate with. I've learned and will learn a lot from you!

Susan at I Run for My Life - Susan is actually one of The Hub's readers but I wanted to include her as the 7th because today she ran a marathon for Elijah on his 7th birthday. Here is The Hub's commercial to support her. Susan, Chasen's signs are hilarious. Congrats on finishing (was there really chocolate there?).

So, congratulations to all of you and thank you for a very special 100th post!


13 Responses to "100 - a "Nice" Round Post"

Unknown (visit their site)

I think our executive function must be out on the golf course having a "meeting"

yeah, daddy got more a nap than The Younger...

tulipmom (visit their site)

Kudos on reaching 100! And thank you for the Nice Matters award. It still blows my mind that so many complete "strangers" care enough to read my blog. I'm looking forward to checking out the other bloggers you mentioned.

As for your non-productive day, I can totally relate. I got absolutely nothing done today. Let's see, I didn't ....

--clean off the dining room table to make room for Chanukah stuff
--unpack Chanukah bins from the basement
--wrap SB's Chanukah presents
--finish shopping for D.
--buy the stuff for the gingerbead house
--take a photo of SB, upload, and FINALLY order holiday cards

Kinda makes me wonder what the hell I DID do all day. Somehow supervising a playdate for part of the day, playing and reading with SB, and returning some phone calls took up the entire day. It's almost like I'm in some kind of holiday denial this year, and I'm not sure why. Oh well, I guess tomorrow is another day.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Congratulations on your 100th post!... and on being such a lovely place to visit!
xx

Jen (visit their site)

Well hi! I'm now adding you to my reader so that I can keep up with another Jen :o)

I so relate to the unproductiveness - some days I feel like I'm doing, and doing and doing, and not accomplishing anything!

Congrats on the Nice Matters award :o)

For the PC product - if you happen to have the receipt then it's easy peasy. If not, email me and I'll see what I can do for you :o) (I *think* by me posting under my blogger account you then can email me? or just try jen @ familyfrisch . com ;o) without spaces of course

Susan (visit their site)

I am honored to receive this recognition! How lovely! Thank you so much.

Congrats on the big 1-0-0. Wow! By quick browsing I can tell that you are absolutely doing a good thing with your blog. Admirable!

Gwendolyn's Gifts (visit their site)

Congratulations on your 100th post! That is quite the accomplishment!

Thanks for the award! It always amazes me how each person you meet passes on some of their strength. God definitely smiled upon me when he put you in my path! :)

I would be more than happy to have you over one morning this week. The display is somewhat broken down, but it is still viewable. Just let me know when would work for you (I'm pretty free all week.)

Pam (visit their site)

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dakota is 12 and was diagnosed around 2 months ago. It was really hard trying to get the diagnosis, as he is very high functioning. We have been working on it since he was 6.

I love your blog, it's great!!! I am working on getting one set up for Dakota, but it's taking a bit. You'd think its the holidays or something!! ;)

Casdok (visit their site)

Congratulations on your award!

Nature Girl (visit their site)

Hi Jen! I'm a blogfriend of your hubby's and I've got to say, it's going to be hard calling you Jen rather than "my lovely and talented wife" but that would just kinda sound wrong coming from me. LOL Congrats on your nice matters award, and your 100th post! I know you deserved it from all the wonderful things P3 says about you all the time! Oh, and happy belated Welcome to blogland!
Stacie

Maddy (visit their site)

Well thank you, isn't that the strangest thing? You know I lurked around the blogosphere for the longest time. Everywhere I went I felt like a voyeur and couldn't quite force myself to write in what seemed like someone else's personal space. So it would appear that bravery eventually got the better of me - so glad I didn't turn out to be a stalker!
Love
Maddy

Sustenance Scout (visit their site)

Jen, Talk about making someone's day! Thank you thank you not only for the award but for your kind words of encouragement. I'm looking forward to visiting my fellow winners' blogs; they all sound fantastic.

Best wishes for many more wonderful posts! K.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Congrats on the award...very deserving indeed! And congrats on post 100! Nice how the blogosphere brings folks together.

Jen P (visit their site)

Cool. Win an award and new folks come to visit! Thanks to everyone, new and returning, for the best wishes. The Hub was right! Ha!

Tulipmom & Jen-
another day that we didn't get things checked off my list but I did rake the front yard so at least I felt productive. It just wasn't on the list!

Elissa-
I love your profile picture of you and Jack. I need to do something for mine one of these days (add that to the list)

Pam-
Looking forward to getting to know you better. Networking with other moms has truly been key to my sanity.

Susan, Stacie, & Sam-
Welcome! (You all have names that start with S!) Don't feel like you have to call me Jen. I have to sign The Hub's blog LATW just so his blogbuds know who I am! Ha!