Find Out How To...

For my friends and family who aren't blog savvy...yet...

First of all, thanks for making the effort to visit us and keep up with us! It truly means a lot to us, especially if you are not a techie or if you are too busy to sit in front of a computer and read about us all day.
=o)

Post a Comment

Why? Want to add your input, opinion, suggestion, kudos, or just say hi? You can Post a Comment to any post. I really encourage that you do this on the blog (as opposed to sending me an email) because I truly value your input, whether I agree with it or not (I might agree with it later when I've learned my lesson!) and I appreciate having the ability to go back and have you a part of my journal. Emails get lost and sometimes don't get read either (sorry)! Comments get treated like gold!

How? Click on the link at the bottom of the post that says "# - Find Out Who Comments on This Post" or "Post a Comment" and scroll all the way down the popup window or clicking on the link "Jump to comment form" at the top of the window. Leave your comment, word verification, and then Publish.
Creating a Backlink
(ok you might have to be a techie to use this one)
Why? If you are a blogger and want to reference a post of mine so that my readers will be able to link back to your site, then you'll want to create a backlink. The link to your site will be shown at the end of the post under "Find Out Who Links to This Post." Keep in mind that using http://whatjenfinds.blogspot.com as a backlink will not create a link back to your website and will not link your readers to a particular post on my site (only to my front page of the most recent posts).

How? There are several ways to create a backlink.
  1. If you are not on the individual post page, click on the title of the post to get to the Post Page (for example, click on "Find Out How To..." above to get to this post's individual page). Click on the link at the bottom of the post that says "Create a Link" and a popup window will appear with the link in a new post.
  2. If you already have a post written and just need the url, then copy the url of the individual Post Page and paste into your blog.
  3. Or you can right-click on the Post's Title and select "Copy Link Location" then paste into your blog.
Subscribe to this Blog
Why? When you subscribe to someone's webpage, you will automatically be notified each time it is updated. You can use a Feed Reader of your choice to manage your subscriptions (I personally use Google Reader). If that really makes your brain hurt to think about, just post a comment, or email me at pinkpowerhouse at gmail dot com, and I'll add you to my distribution list to receive updates. If THAT makes your brain hurt, then just come visit and read when you can!

How? Once you have a Feed Reader, simply click here, choose your reader application in the drop down menu, and then click "Subscribe Now."
Subscribe to ALL Comments
Why? I typically respond to comments by posting a comment myself. Therefore if you pose a question(s), I will answer you in a comment within the same post. Blogger allows you to subscribe to comments for an individual post that you comment on by checking the box that says "Email follow-up comments to youremail@email.com." The reason why I personally stopped doing that was because I was getting WAY too many emails in my inbox. I figured out a way to subscribe to Blogger Comment Feeds the same way you subscribe to posts, and it is much easier to manage in Google Reader than in my inbox!

How? Once you have a Feed Reader, simply click here to subscribe to comments, choose your reader application in the drop down menu, and then click "Subscribe Now."

1 - Find Out Who Comments on This Post:

Jen (visit their site)

This is great! I may have to borrow heavily from it :o)