Me Me Too

Elissa from Managing Autism tagged me for Christmas. I shall tag some of my newer blogger friends that I've yet to read a meme on their blog.

Mandolin Mom
Gwendolyn's Gifts
Allie
Kara

(I'll get all the links once I get permission to)

I'm going to make up my own rules. Copy and paste the questions below and substitute your own answers (unless we think alike, you have permission to use my answers). Click on the picture and do your own Elf Yourself (just kidding, that's optional, but check out The AP, The Elder, and The Younger doing the jig by clicking on the picture or here - PREPARE TO ROFLMAO). Then tag 4 of your friends and let them know they've been tagged.

“When people say ‘Christmas’ you immediately think…”

Decorations. I don't particularly care to DO them, but I LOVE to look at them and drive around or go to open houses to see other families' talents. Particularly, we have a house in our neighborhood that displays a Christmas dolphin, sun, and flamingo. That one is just tradition to go see.

“Favourite Christmas memory…”

As a child, I remember getting up the next morning to see what was in my stocking. The specific memory that comes to mind was when we got a trampoline and they had it set up in the back yard already and I started jumping around the house. I remember my sister and brother being just as excited about seeing my reaction to the surprise.

As an adult, my favorite memory was having my whole family spending Christmas here in TN. Not only did we not have to travel, but the whole family was together (something that hasn't happened in 3 years) and I remember it being very relaxing in the middle of a stressful time in my life.

“Favourite Christmas song/carol…”

When we are together, my sister and brother and I sing together. We are a SAT trio who each had the same high school chorus teacher, therefore know many of the same arrangements. Our favorites are Carol of the Bells, O Holy Night, and Joy in the Morning.

“Favourite Christmas movie…”

I'm not sure I have a favorite. I did mention Elf the other day. But I do love the classics - Miracle of 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.

“Favourite Christmas character…”

Probably the reindeer. They are so cute - especially the Rodney Reindeer stuffed animals. I used to call him Dopey Deer.

“Favourite Christmas ornament/object…”

A Star or the nativity. I think it is really important to remember why we even have the season.

“Plans for this Christmas…”

To travel to see my family and be together again for the first Christmas in a long time.

“Is Christmas your favourite holiday?”

I'm not sure I have ever had a favorite holiday, but I suppose I would say that Christmas season is my favorite time of the year for so many reasons. It is a time when you have many opportunities to reflect, give, appreciate, keep in touch, set new goals, and be others-focused.

BTW, The Hub is doing well. Here's his post-procedure post. All I can say is TGIF. I still have to work but I don't have to GO anywhere! Woo hoo! Well, I do have a Mom's Group party to go to tonight.

6 Responses to "Me Me Too"

tulipmom (visit their site)

Glad to hear the Hubs is doing well. I just checked out his post ... thank goodness he has you to make him come to his senses (re the driving).

Gwendolyn's Gifts (visit their site)

Fun meme. Thanks for tagging me.

Anonymous (visit their site)

Of course you can add me.!The elves are so funny. I did the dancing elves of John, our dog Brandy, and me and it was so funny that I about wet my pants!

Anonymous (visit their site)

OMG, that's hilarious!!!! Thanks for tagging me - I'll create mine this evening & let you know when it's ready. Lots 'O Fun!

Anonymous (visit their site)

How wonderful to learn that you sing - that would be so lovely when you all get together!

And good to hear all is well 'post-procedure'!!

xx

Jack M (visit their site)

Thanks great bllog post