That's what friends are for...

I met a lady just last night at our sunday school class's Christmas Party whose 5yo son was told that he was probably on the spectrum but they weren't going to diagnose him yet (of course not because that might cost the school money), and all I could think to tell her was "you need my network of friends." Thanks to Elissa at Managing Autism who sent me this award, or acknowledgment rather. I'm very flattered and honored as helping others via my experiences is something that is important for me to pass on because of what I have gained from everyone. Virtual or not, you guys give me so much support, more than I could ever imagine having. And if I may sound a little self-centered, just knowing that people visit my blog and pay attention to what I have to say is sometimes enough to get me through a woe-is-me day. So I would like to acknowledge the following people in my "colorful circle of friends" who have shared with me, taught me something profound, and helped lift the fog:

Elissa at Managing Autism
Casdok at Mother of Shrek
Jen at Jen's Blot
Karen at Beyond Understanding
Tulip Mom
Mandolin Mom
John at Look Me in the Eye
Bonnie at Coffee Autism Faith Explored
Maddy at Whitterer on Autism
Niksmom at Maternal Instincts
Marla
Gwen at Gwendolyn's Gifts
Kara
Susan at I Run for My Life
David (my big bro - where I learned the rules of the Big Brother Rites, but I love you anyway!)
The Hub (last but not least, my partner in our adventure of life - today is our 11.5 anniversary)

Most of the links are on my sidebar blogroll, if you are not and would like to be added please let me know! (I'm totally getting out of the Linking Test)

I know there are other people who read my blog, but either are not bloggers themselves or do not comment and I do want to acknowledge you too, whoever and wherever you are! (I have Google Analytics so I know you exist! Cue: Mischievous Laugh). Leave a comment here so I can properly thank you unless you are a "lurker" and like it to stay that way, which is fine too!

5 Responses to "That's what friends are for..."

tulipmom (visit their site)

Congratulations on receiving this award, Jen. I am so glad to have found your blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences and insight. I am very honored be in your "colorful circle of friends."

Jen (visit their site)

Aw thanks! Congrats to you! My blog is there entirely because it's an outlet. That it actually helps people on occassion is a good thing :)

Niksmom (visit their site)

It's a great circle of friends to be included in. Thanks! And the award is richly deserved. :-)

Anonymous (visit their site)

Mmm... lots of other exciting blogs to visit!
Thanks so much for sending it back!!! (And you're a very deserving recipient!)

Maddy (visit their site)

Well thank you so much for including me, this is such a lovely one and congratulations to all the awardees.

Maybe we're not such an exclusive club after all!

Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.