What a hub!

Being the delegater that I am, I forwarded a few book titles (some extra ones other than the ones in my last post) to the hub to search amazon - I truly LOOOOVE that he is detailed oriented and has the patience for this kind of stuff. We really are a good pair! Here are his pre-buying comments. Any votes on which one we should invest in first?

---------- Original message ----------
From: Terry
Date: Aug 8, 2007 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: books

Aspergers in Love: Couple Relationships and Family Affairs (Jessica Kingsley, 2003). ISBN: 1843101157 (paperback, 232 pages). [autism,aspergers,adult,account] Maxine C. Aston.
Easy to read, in the excerpt, some revealing things about AS dudes. The chapters have a Key points summary and there is an index in the back. I'd say about a 4 star


The Other Half of Asperger Syndrome: A Guide to an Intimate Relationship with a Partner who has Asperger Syndrome (London: The National Autistic Society, 2001). ISBN: 1899280375 ; ISBN: 1931282048 (paperback, 88 pages, Autism Asperger Publishing Company, 2002) . [autism,aspergers,adult]
A. Bicknell.
This one was written as a "this or that might occur" not as a actual experience type book. 3 stars

Managing With Asperger Syndrome: A Practical Guide for White Collar Professionals (Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2004). ISBN: 1843101998 (paperback, 240 pages). [autism,aspergers,adult]
Written by a guy with AS in his field (some Marketing). Would be good for me as he seems high functioning/high intelligence and operating in the real world. 3 star for you, 4.5 star for me


K. R. Lauries, ed..
Taking responsibility: good practice guidelines for services adults with Asperger syndrome (London: The National Autistic Society, 2002). ISBN: 1899280340 . [autism,aspergers,adult]
This one doesn't seem to come up... currently 0 star


Karen Rodman.
Asperger Syndrome and Long-Term Relationships (London: Jessica Kingsley, 2003). ISBN: 1843107341 (paperback, 272 pages). [autism,aspergers,adult]
Written from the point of view of a woman in your position (what the hell is up with my husband), and very good to read. Great reference in situ of the text, so you know where things are coming from. I'd say a 4.5 star for you and 4 star for me... I think you would get more out of it.

1 - Find Out Who Comments on This Post:

Bonnie (visit their site)

Hooray for working together half the time I love my extreamly detail oriented husband, the rest of the time I'm ready to kill him... My vote is for the last book.