Success Sunday


"This is Hard Work"
--The Elder

OK, so he's only famous in my eyes, but he gave a profound statement today. (The Hub opted to stay home with the kiddos this morning because of viral symptoms, and (get this) offered to clean the house to help look for our executive functioning. And I think he found a portion of it because when I came home to a neat kitchen, I was immediately motivated to rake the leaves. Wassupwiddat?) So, today I asked the Elder, "Do you want to watch daddy race or help me rake the leaves." "I want to watch you rake the leaves." Ha! But he did help, and about 10 minutes into it he proclaims the above. After 3 1/2 hours of hard work we were successful and he was very proud of himself for being a part of it. Good Luck might come Easy, but Success is Hard Work!
-----

Riding the Tarp (This really was hard work! They are heavy!)

Such good helpers! I really didn't have to tell them what to do either. They only watched me 2-3 times before they decided that they wanted to pull instead of ride!



Posted by Picasa

4 Responses to "Success Sunday"

Gwendolyn's Gifts (visit their site)

That is too cute! I don't think there are any rules about the quote coming from someone "famous"...and he is becoming pretty well-known in the blogging world!

tulipmom (visit their site)

Are they actually helping?? Now there's a concept ... :)

inthenet (visit their site)

I absolutely LOVE these pics! It's always nice to see kids outside having fun and being productive. I need more trees with leaves in my yard! All I have are pine trees...

Jen P (visit their site)

I'll have to post the pictures of went on during the majority of the time during that 3 1/2 hours, but yes they did help, and frankly they helped a lot more than I anticipated, else it may have been less than a 30 minute project! Ha!

David, I seem to recall having lots of pine cones to pick up! And you can have them sell them as fire starters!! Make a pretty penny (you know me, remember when I tried to sell those willow pusses?) and keep them from setting fires in YOUR yard!