Trigger Happy

It's official...The Younger has trigger thumb. We will have to go see an orthopedic next week but the doc was pretty certain that it will need surgery. I'm not really too concerned about the surgery itself as I am with the recovery period. Mr. OCD is pretty particular with things touching him that shouldn't (or isn't normally there, say, band-aids or splints or scabs) and this is his right hand. He has a scar on his nose from picking a scab for a month. Remember the band-aid? I asked if therapy would do and he said that it wouldn't be enough (or ineffective in the long run).

He did great on the x-ray machine. The technician looks at me and asks, "Mom, is there any chance you might be pregnant?" I just wanted to faint when she asked that. Feels great to confidently say "I am not!"

snip snippery snip snippery snip snipperoo

8 Responses to "Trigger Happy"

Casdok (visit their site)

Thats a difficult one.
Good luck!

Jen (visit their site)

Oh no! Well good luck with the recovery! I know *I* would have a hard time with it - having trouble with things on my skin (like scabs... dried cuticle... things that I can *feel*) myself!

Kyle's sensory stuff seems to accept stuff like that - like when he had his weird neck injury he WANTED to sleep in the brace and did so without issues. Good luck!!!

Marla (visit their site)

Good luck with all of this. I have never heard of it so I will have to read up on this link. I can understand your fears where having a cast on would really bother him. Maizie would be the same way.

I always hate it when I am asked about being pregnant before M's X-rays, MRI's or whatever. Infertility made pregnancy impossible and now a hysterectomy even more impossible. But, they gotta ask so I just smile and say . "No."

Anonymous (visit their site)

It was great to see you over the holidays! Glad I got to you before you hybernated! Ha! Everyone liked my jeans. You know i wouldn't have got them or Polar express if you hadn't been with me. I'm glad you got home safely!
JoyP

kristen spina (visit their site)

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Maybe he'll surprise you? Sometimes the things I dread the most for my son turn out to be the things that he just breezes his way through.

Will keep fingers and toes crossed for you over here. And Happy New Year!

Anonymous (visit their site)

Ohhh, I hope everything works out okay - it's not an easy thing!
Best of luck!
xx

Niksmom (visit their site)

Ouch! I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a little prayer when the surgery rolls around...and hope that Kristen is right! :-)

tulipmom (visit their site)

Oh boy, sorry to hear therapy alone wouldn't be effective.

I hope the recovery goes more smoothly than you expect.