Wherefore art thou?

The Elder has been blowing me away ever since we got back from our trip. He has been extremely voluntarily verbal. Something that I think he might have picked up from The Cousins. I told The Brother that The 8yo With The Bendy Glasses was a good influence on The Elder just from our dinner conversation led by him about how green beans are good for you. Yes, he's 8. Pretty amazing huh? Anyhoo, I walked by the bathroom yesterday and The Elder looked at me and said, "I'm washing my hands to help make the candy." (The AP was making a batch of Brazilian Candy before she left for New York for vacation.) Volunteered information? Volunteered hand washing?

----------------------------------------
The Younger got a new L-Max (Thanks PaPa) and the house seems to be more peaceful as they both have their own now and there is less fighting over the one. The Elder actually got a new one too, but we haven't been able to separate him from his original one, so we are probably going to exchange the other one for a rechargeable battery for The Younger. What has been amazing is that The Elder has been coaching The Younger in playing his games. He's been pretty good at restraining himself from taking over the game (not perfect but responds well to when I say, "Just help").

"That one goes in the Trash. Go left, left, left, left."
"Honey, he doesn't know his left from his right."

"You're running out of time!! There's just a little bit left....Awwww game's over."
"Tell him he did a great job."
"G'job. Go to the Train Depot now. Train Depot. Train Depot. Train Depot."
"Honey, he can't read yet."

"Honey, where is yours?"
"Um, I just help brother."


WHO IS THIS CHILD??? I think the phrase "Use your words" has finally caught on!

----------------------------------------
On the flipside for the subject title reference, I'm considering writing a book. Chapter titles have been floating around in my head for the last 2 days. I figured if I posted my intention, that I would have to actually do it and follow through. So all tips, encouragement, and prodding are welcome.

6 Responses to "Wherefore art thou?"

Jen (visit their site)

ooooo a book? I would love to write a book. But I lack a subject matter and the ability to stick to one project for that length of time! So no book for me - I'll live vicariously through you, OK?

Love all the talking over there! Isn't it funny when it seems like someone just flipped the 'talk' switch to 'on' ? :o)

Gwendolyn's Gifts (visit their site)

A Book!!!! Go for it! I want to write a book too (a knitting book). Maybe we can force each other to go through with it!

A Bishops Wife (visit their site)

I too have thought that I would love to write a book...fiction or a childrens story. Many of us bloggers have that in common.

Just found your blog. Very nice and I homeschool my 3 kids, 2 of whom are on the spectrum.
I will be back!

Marla (visit their site)

Increasingly verbal. Yes! Go for writing the book! I have been saying I would do that for years. At least I keep writing!:)

Anonymous (visit their site)

A book sounds fabulous!
I'm in the process of writing - my goal is to be finished by the end of the month (maybe now that I've actually put this in writing I'll have to stick to it and keep myself moving)...
Can't wait to hear more!
xx

Anonymous (visit their site)

Jen, I forgot to mention a tip - use a voice recorder to help you with your writing (talk and then type what you've said - then you don't forget things and it's easier to process).
xx