Au natural

I had to quote this article I was reading...

Educational Intervention

Because children with Asperger's Syndrome may differ widely in terms of IQ and ability levels, schools should learn to individualize educational programs for these children.

Some of them may cope well in a mainstream class with additional support, while others may need to receive specialized education. In all cases, teachers should be aware of the special needs of Asperger's children, who often need a great deal more support than first appears necessary.

...because it really helped me with why an Aspergian is considered to have "Special Needs." So often I look at how well The Elder is doing and enjoy the normality of these moments. But then cringe at the thought of him being in a "normal" Kindergarten.

So what is the deal with herbal remedies anyway? What is the best approach to using this method with kids? Some of the stuff on there I wanted for myself! Ha!

As I told The Hub I didn't want to get caught up in the hype of this article, but would really want to do it if I could find a trusted source.

6 Responses to "Au natural"

Niksmom (visit their site)

Some caveats about herbals (vs. homeopathics): they are not regulated by the FDA (neither is homeopathy but they DO have their own pharm governing standards) so you can get the same herbal remedy from four different manufacturers and they could have widely varying amounts of the stuff.

Also herbals can interact with many medications (including over the counters) so you need to look into that.

I have read (don't ask me where at this point...probably a course on goole-university! LOL) that there ar some herbal remedies that are not designed for kids under certain ages.

I know people who SWEAR by their herbal remedies so I wouldn't ever tell someone "DON'T!" Just research carefully and use with care.

Abbie (visit their site)

Hi Jen- I treated my son with all natural supplements and diet and he is almost candida free. We just have to keep trucking along. I am now a natural health practitioner and would be more than willing to give you some guidance on what to give your boys. I agree that all supplements are not created equal. I wasted thousands of dollars figuring it out. Anyway I just wanted you to know I'm here. (I'm almost done with my website should be done by next week www.living-wellness-center.com)
Abbie

Jen P (visit their site)

Thanks for all that advice! We haven't really had the need for any kind of remedy outside the gfcf diet which helps tremendously. The Elder's Psych said not to worry about adhd until 6. I worry about anxiety in The Younger but most of the alternatives say at least 3 or 4 years old.

Bring on more advice!!!

Anonymous (visit their site)

Okay where do I start...
Not sure if you remember a recent post of mine where I mentioned that we were starting Jack on some herbal remedies??? This is where they are from. I haven't posted on our results yet because I wanted to give it a good amount of time to try it out (so you're getting a sneak preview!!).
I had my sister who is a naturopath check out the doses and she gave us the all clear, so we jumped in and went with it. And the results so far..?
Mindsoothe Jr - Jack has been on for 3 1/2 weeks and we are seeing good results. The school hasn't been told he's on it(because I want to see if they notice a change without me leading them to think that there would be) and from general discussion they have reported less aggression and calmer behaviours. At home we have noticed that his moods are more balanced and he is easier to deal with... not as many meltdowns!!
Focus Formula - Only started him on this a couple of days ago so will have to get back to you on this one soon!
Hopefully this helps - please email me if you want to.
xx

Jen P (visit their site)

Elissa, thanks for sharing that with me. I was looking into the PureCalm for The Younger because the Kiddie Calmer says he has to be 4.

Abbie, I just figured out who you are! So sorry! Since your profile is private I had no idea...I will definitely take you up on your advice and guidance...

Abbie (visit their site)

Sorry Jen- I didn't know my profile was private! Probably should have introduced myself :-) (Jim Monihan's wife here!) I'd so love to chat with you on nutrition and herbals for your boys. I am actually going to specialize for children and particularly autistic children. my e-mail is abztha at yahoo!
Abbie